MarkSmithStudio - Private Lesson Policy MarkSmithStudio.org
1) Lessons will be in the studio with its entrance at the back of the house from the deck. Since I am teaching out of my home, please treat it with the care you would give your own home. Please do not bring food or drink to the lessons. Kindly finish your snacks before entering. I must also ask that you do not let the children run around in the yard. If siblings must accompany you, please be sure that they have a quiet activity to entertain them. Siblings will not be permitted in the lesson itself, but may stay in the waiting room. The lesson environment should be free of any distractions.
2) PARKING... Oh dear! - Please do not pull into the driveway. You may pull in at the bottom of the hill. The gravel area in front of the house is for parking. Drive right up on over the curb. You may pull up on the gravel in front of the house. You may park in front of my neighbor’s house on the left. Watch your children, as Greendale is a very busy street.
3) Please be prompt. Never assume that I will be late. Please unpack in the waiting room, and be ready to go so that when it is your turn, we can start immediately.
4) PAYMENT POLICY- I feel very strongly that musical study requires a large time commitment. Regular lessons are the only successful way to make progress on the instrument. Please read the make-up policy stated below. Payment is made for 8 lessons in advance. A completed registration form, and first payment will reserve a space for.
The amounts are as follows: ($93 per hour)
92 - 1 hour
69 - 45 min
46 - 30 min
Half Semester (8 lessons) Full Semester (16 lessons)
1 hour lessons $744 $1488
45 minute lessons $558 $1116
30 minute lessons $372 $744
5) WITHDRAWAL - If you decide to withdraw from the studio, it is best to do it at the end of a semester. That way, the student can perform in the student recital and we can all have a sense of accomplishment and completion. If you withdrawal in mid-semester you will be charged for two lessons beyond your last lesson. The remaining amount will be refunded.
6) MAKE-UP POLICY- Any lesson caused by my absence will be made up. I will give one excused absence per semester. All absence must have a 12-hour notice. I understand kids get sick in school, and will do my best to accommodate this. Missed lessons without notice will be charged fully, with no makeup given. Unexcused absences will be forfeited.
7) PRACTICE - I expect all of my students to practice. It is a waste of your time and money if there is no practicing done at home. Any student who is consistently unprepared for their lesson may be asked to discontinue. My expectation of practice is five "lesson-length" sessions per week. You all will be amazed at the speed of your progress!!!